Saturday, April 30, 2011

More background....

By the time I saw my new neuro for the first time I had weakness in my legs, especially my right leg.  I also continued to have balance difficulties so between the two, my gait was slow.  I also continued to have blurred vision and slight vertigo, pain and tingling in the base of my neck, and numbness in my hands and right arm.  I was scared.  My doc took a lot of time with me, listening, answering questions, and performing various neurological assessments.  I truly felt like I was in good hands.

Doc ordered and MRI and more blood work.  Since my vitamin D level (from my primary visit) was 30, he ordered me a script of vit D.  He explained the benefits of solu-medrol (IV steroids) to this significant attack and suggested I begin a 3-day treatment.  I'll discuss my experience with solu-medrol another day....

So now here I am.  The solu-medrol did help, but not totally relieve, my current attack.  The left-over symptoms seem to be continuing to clear up.  My right hand still has a little bit of numbness, which seems to come and go throughout the day.  I had been getting "hot spots" on my legs and back, which are mostly gone.  A couple days ago I got a new symptom- numbness in the feet.  This is brand new for me and I'm really hoping it begins to clear up soon.  Only time will tell....

No comments:

Post a Comment